Monday, July 31, 2006

Favourite Sketches No. 1

Channel 4 did a run down of the Top 50 sketches last week. Dissapointingly, a Little Britain sketch came No. 1. I say dissapointingly because Little Britain is one of those shows which a lot of people find funny but I don't. It seems to me that very little writing goes into some of the sketches and it is just a case of putting the same jokes in a different situation.

The sketch that won was that one where the guy in the wheelchair can actually walk and does something when the other guy, who's looking after him, is away, or has his back turned, and then returns to his chair before the other guy comes back. Do you know the one I'm talking about? The one, two, five or ten that I'm talking about, as they are all the same joke?

Compare that with Vic and Bob, Monty Python or even old school greats like the Two Ronnies and Morcambe and Wise.

I'll put a few sketches up over the next wee while, things that I find very funny. Little Britain won't be among them.

A favourite of mine that didn't make the list is shown below. It's related to Little Britain, as the comedy is drawn from the same things happening all over again. Only this has imagination, a surreal edge and, most importantly, is funny.

Monty Python's Flying Circus - Deja Vu



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home