Thursday, July 06, 2006

Hopes for the World Cup Final

I hope that Zidane plays like he did against Brazil, rather than how he did against Portugal

I hope Italy are as positive as they were in the semi-final, rather than revert to type

I hope that there is a lack of diving and rolling around on the pitch

I hope that France wear white, to save us from an apearance by the horrendous Italy away shirt


I hope that Henry shows his Arsenal form not his french form

I hope we are talking about Zidane, Totti, Henry and Del Piero after the match, rather than Cannavaro, Thuram, Gallas and Buffon

I hope the support in the stadium isn't as negative as it was in Munich for the France vs Portugal. The crowd was whistling constantly, booing Cristiano Ronaldo (understandable) and booing Zidane (ridiculous)

I hope that there are no red cards

I hope there are no penalties


I hope we see a goal to rival the goals of the tournament

I hope Zidane adds a significant performance to close out his fantastic career and leaves us with a great memory, win or lose

I hope Totti finally lives up to his hype in a major tournament

I hope both teams follow Marco Van Basten's advice: "
we have to be brave enough to play to win - and not be afraid to lose."

I hope it's an epic

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home