Wednesday, June 28, 2006

The Phenomenon

I was really glad to see Ronaldo score yesterday, his 15th in the World Cup, meaning he is the top goal scorer in World Cup history.



He has been at the top of the game all through the time I have been watching football and he is a great player.

He was brilliant in France, right up to the final, and his performance 4 years ago, after having injury worries for almost all the time between the two World Cups, showed immense talent and character.

Although, as he ran through on goal, looking twice the weight he used to be, with half the pace, I couldn't help lamenting and pining for the Ronaldo that I remembered from a few years ago.



And I thought I'd leave you with a little compilation of proabably his peak period in club football. He came to Barcelona from PSV and was in top form for a season before transfering to Inter Milan, where it seemed to start going downhill from then on. The Barca shirt from this season is the first one I ever bought. I should wear it next week in football as a tribute.



(Sorry about the music in this video, not my fault!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home